The winners of the 2016 Founders Day Passport Contest are:
• Winner #1 – Bonnie Ye – Fitbit Flex
• Winner #2 – Maya Berry – Bluetooth Speaker
• Winner #3 – Sakshi Sethi – Magic Bullet
• Winner #4 – Gloria Caprio – Geronimo Gift Card
The winners of the 2016 #InspiringYale Instagram Contest are:
• 1st Place – Christopher Incarvito – Lunch with President Peter Salovey
• 2nd Place – Faith Vasquez – Framed print from official Yale photographer Mike Marsland
• 3rd Place – Corinne Smith – Cupcake decorating session with Gloria Hoda
The winner of the 2016 Where’s Boola? Contest is:
• Katie Hart – Yale Gear Gift Bag
Congratulations to all of the winners!
Schedule of Events
Founders Day events will be held on Wednesday, October 5, with open houses, tours, and other activities across campus. The day will include a celebration on the Cross Campus from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. with remarks by President Salovey, musical entertainment, festive food, and more!
About Founder’s Day
Yale University has a dynamic history dating back to the early 18th century. One of the earliest institutions of higher education established in North America, it was the first to have service to society explicitly inscribed in its founding legislation, a place “wherein Youth may be instructed in the Arts & Sciences who through the blessings of Almighty God may be fitted for Publick employment both in Church & Civil State.”
That language is found in “An act for Liberty to erect a Collegiate School” enacted by the Connecticut colony in New Haven on October 9, 1701, marking the establishment of what has grown to become the Yale University of today.
In the spirit of celebrations of previous generations, the presidential inauguration events of 2013, and in keeping with the spirit of encouraging everyone from any particular part of campus to explore and embrace all that the campus has to offer, Yale began a new tradition in 2014 of a “Founders Day” event for students, faculty, and staff, to be held annually on a day close to the anniversary of the 1701 founding.